Wednesday, September 1, 2010

on being difficult...

I am a difficult women to live with. The combination of being pregnant and taking care of an active almost 2 year old has made me difficult. My hormones and emotions are seriously out of wack which is a bad combo in general but add to that a handful of temper tantrums, sleeplessness, a sick little boy and having an achy tired body from carrying around said little boy who is 26ish pounds and you have the mess that is me. My poor husband has gotten his fair share of tearful phone calls and not so pleasant grunts of hello as he has walked through the door the last few days. But today I realized how difficult I have become.

Back up for a second...

Yesterday was a bad day. I may have accidentally given my child expired frozen go-gurt. Who knew those things expired so quickly even when they are in the freezer? And yes I am awaiting my mother-of-the-year trophy for that one. This also explains a lot to those of you who saw me and the puddle of mush that was my son yesterday. Anyways, bad day meant hysterically sobbing phone call to my husband.

Now back to today...

It has been good. Almost pleasant. The effects of said rancid go-gurt are mostly gone and I got a good night sleep. It is days like these that I am totally on board with this having another baby thing.

A few minutes a go I got a call from my husband. It went something like this...

Me: "Hello!" in a bright cheery voice
Hubby: "Hey..." in a cautious, but hopeful voice. "How are you doing?" (he seemed almost scared to ask)
Me: "great! we just hung around the house today, the baby was in a good mood."
Hubby: HUGE sigh of relief. "thats good"

And then I felt horrible. I have that guy sitting on pins and needles just waiting to see what kind of mood I am in.

Me: "you sounded scared to ask that."
Hubby: caution returning to his voice "yeah kind of..."
Me: laughing "yeah I guess I would be too."

Lessons that my husband has learned very well...

Never cross a pregnant women.

Apologize profusely when talking to a sobbing pregnant women even if you have no idea what she is saying.

Use caution when talking to a pregnant women until you have accessed her emotional and hormomal level.

Watch for mood swings they can appear mid conversation for no apparent reason.


I know that being pregnant is no picnic but I am in a good emotional and hormonal state at the moment to realize that it kind of sucks to be the guy too. So I am going to try and be less difficult, or at least realize when I am not making any sence and just let it go.


No comments:

Post a Comment